Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich in South Africa

Good day my loyal followers and readers! As you can see, there's a slight spring in my writing this fine day. Even though it is cold and a tad on the miserable side here in Cape Town, I am happy to report that I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S2 to Ice Cream Sandwich today!

Yes that's right, Vodacom has finally allowed the update to start rolling out. I have unfortunately no idea about the other networks, so if you are on either MTN, CellC or 8ta, and you've also updated to ICS, please let me know be leaving a comment below.

Although the update went through very smoothly and without any issues, the first thing I'm finding a bit annoying is that the regular old key-press combo for taking a screen shot (home button and power button pressed together) isn't doing the trick anymore!

So, alas, I don't have a screen shot of my new version just yet, but as soon as I figure that out, I'll let you know!

I'll also keep you posted about compatibility issues with my apps, as and when they occur!

Keep well good people!