Opening the app gives you a menu bar at the top, with 5 options:
Now, it only shows 4 options (when in portrait mode that is...) at a time, but if you look closely, whenever the phone shows tabs at the top like this, and there are more to either side, there's a blue glow, which means you can drag the tabs to reveal more. It's quite subtle, so look carefully!
Anyway, the five options - Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, Timer and Desk Clock.
The alarm gives you the various options you'd expect from a fully functional alarm, and more! You can:
- Create as many alarms as you'd like
- Specify the time (obviously hehe)
- Specify repeat, with options for One-time event, Daily, Every Weekday (Mon-Fri) and Weekly (which allows you to check each day of the week you'd like the alarm to go off on)
- Alarm Type, with options for Melody, Vibration, Vibration and Melody and Briefing
- The volume of the alarm
- The sound that plays - can be anything from the built-in sounds to an MP3 on the SD Card
- Snooze - nice little feature allowing you to create a snooze button for the alarm - here you specify how long each snooze is, and how many times you can snooze! Quite cool!
- Smart alarm - I don't know about you, but if I have to get awoken very suddenly with something loud, I'm instantly in a bad mood for the rest of the week pretty much - now, this one allows you to set the phone to play "softer" sounds to wake you up in the morning, for example, Rain or Forest sounds.
- Lastly you can give your alarm an unique name.