Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Samsung Galaxy S2 specs

Yesterday I got my first Android based cellphone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung's flagship smartphone. Here is a list of all the specs for this phone: (thanks GSM Arena for helping out)

  • Released April 2011 (we only got it in July in South Africa - whoop!)
  • 2G - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G - HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
  • Size - 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5mm (8.5mm is really thin)
  • Weight - 116g (really light as well!)
  • Display - Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, with 16 million colours (same as pc's), resolution is 480x800 pixels, and the screen size is 4.3 inches.
  • 3.5mm jack, so you can plug any headphones in the device
  • On board memory, either 16 or 32GB (I got the South African version, which will always be the smaller one, the 16GB)
  • It has a micro-SD card slot, and according to GSM-Arena it comes with an 8GIG micro-SD card, but not in sunny South Africa, I got a measly 1GB card. I think I must give Vodacom a call about this...
  • 8MP camera with an LED flash, and a 2MP front facing camera
  • A very VERY fast dual-core 1.2GHz CPU, and a Mali-400MP GPU
  • Mine was loaded with Android Gingerbread, version 2.3.3
  • 3G speeds - on HSDPA, up to 21Mbps, and HSUPA up to 5.76Mbps
  • Bluetooth V3.0
  • WLAN
  • GPS
  • Also, I believe this phone is capable of phoning and sms'ing as well, will test and let everyone know! :)
That's just the bare specs (which as you can see, are VERY impressive!), as I go on with this blog, I will mention the rest of the stuff too...

Till next time!